St. Patrick's Committee Contributions and Projects
The St. Patrick's Committee continually strives to find new ways to benefit the community of Ireland.
Just a few of the contributions and projects they have done over the years include:
- Green lights were purchased and installed over Highway 56 to be used during the St. Patrick's Day Celebration and other events in Ireland.
-An Ireland sign was painted on the building at the corner of Highway 56 and County Road 500 (at the stop light).
- Green lights were purchased and installed on the water tower in the town of Ireland.
- Green light bulbs were purchased and distributed to all residents of Madison and Boone Townships.
- In November of 2013 a survey was sent out to Ireland community residents in which sidewalks came back as the number one desired future project to the town of Ireland. The St. Patrick's Committee decided to carry out the fundraising efforts to make it happen.
-Sidewalks were installed between Highway 56 and St. Mary's Church. Landscaping was also installed at the corner of Highway 56 and County Road 500.
- Contributions have also been made to Ireland Elementary, St. Mary Church, St. John's Church, Ireland Fire Department to list a few.